Unlaoised MTB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Intro

2 posters

Go down

Newbie Intro Empty Newbie Intro

Post by PaulB Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi
I just found this site while searching for MBT info in the midlands, I have been thinking about buying a mountin bike for a good while but I didnt think there was much point because I am living in Laois.
Are their many trails around portlaoise? I see there is a mention of Stradbally and Ballyroan, both of which would suit me, are there any others? Also, where in Ballyroan is the trail? I live very close to there so that would be on my door step.
Finally, I am planning on buying a bike soon, should I go full suspension or is just the front end enough? I am going to buy on the cycle to work scheme so was planning on spending somewhere between 500 & 100, but I would ideally like to stay somewhere in between the two. I would also plan on using this bike on the road so this isnt going to be 100% for off road.

Anyway, I think I packed enough into this intro, hope ye ca give me some advice.
P.

PaulB

Back to top Go down

Newbie Intro Empty Re: Newbie Intro

Post by Regal F Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Firstly welcome to the forum.
As for trails Stradbally is out of bounds to us,as we have permission to use Ballyroan from Coillte .The trail is in Cullenagh Mts there is some workgoingonthis Sat at 9.30am i think, checkout our Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000966450168
to find out more .Cant make it myself this weekend
As for a bike.... buy the best you can afford go to some of the more specalised bike shops.
If you come along on sat or for a spin some day have a chat with some people to get more info
regards Ferg cheers cheers
Regal F
Regal F

Back to top Go down

Newbie Intro Empty Re: Newbie Intro

Post by Regal F Thu May 24, 2012 10:09 am

Here is a link for anyone interested in taking up XC racing for the first time,
http://bikemagic.com/events/ridingguide-cross-country-mountain-bike-racing.html
enjoy cheers
Regal F
Regal F

Back to top Go down