Unlaoised MTB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

round2 biking blitz, ballyhoura. 20/02/11

5 posters

Go down

round2 biking blitz, ballyhoura. 20/02/11 Empty round2 biking blitz, ballyhoura. 20/02/11

Post by steve Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Not easy drag yourself from the bed on a wet sunday morning but unlaoised reached an all time high today in ballyhoura with 10 competitors.. leaving with 5 medals : Very Happy
Some people had a sleepy start to the morning and missed a turn off on route for cork...sean you know who you are!!!!
it was a mad rush on arrival for our first underage contestant Denis Cahill competing in the u/14.he jumped out of the car and changed and straight to the start line. Denis had a super performance and came in second place and receiving silver medal.
Next up were the super pros who took off at 12 o clock and unlaoised was represented by Murt new bike keeley, christopher ging, joe bergin. unfortunately christy suffered a puncture and lost massive time due to HAVING NO SPARES Mad. Keeley leading them home cycling his new bed partner!!!!! joe not far behind.
2 mins after the super pros began the baggy shorts took off. unlaoised was represented by steve crowley, fergal carroll, sean culliton. steve came in 3rd place to get the second medal of the day. followed shorthly after by fergal and sean with super proformances.
Also in the baggy shorts event were the women and unlaoised represented by carmel ann keeley, joleene and martina cahill. the women STOLE THE SHOW by coming home with 3 medals. martina gold, joleene silver and carmel ann with bronze.
Undoubtedly our club got plenty of notice today and with results like this will hopefully encourage more people to join.
well done everyone
p.s.A big thank you to our No1 supporter FRANKIE. starting to take after Burner with no racing!!! this report is for you Smile
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

round2 biking blitz, ballyhoura. 20/02/11 Empty Re: round2 biking blitz, ballyhoura. 20/02/11

Post by Regal F Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:49 pm

Great report there Steve, but its easy when we got these results.
A big well done to every one taking part and especially to those who got medals.
Very Happy
Regal F
Regal F

Back to top Go down

round2 biking blitz, ballyhoura. 20/02/11 Empty Re: round2 biking blitz, ballyhoura. 20/02/11

Post by Wally Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:05 pm

Well done to all who took part today,,Some achievement well done.Its great to see the girls getting involved.

Any photos?
Wally
Wally

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewart C Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:07 am

Well done folks. It's great to see a new club out in such force. I think there was a jersey within my sight at all times...
5 medals is not to be sniffed at either.... My new club only got one (but it was 1st in Superpro). Then again, only 2 of us went.
Paul's time in baggys was quick. It would put him at the front of super pro, provided he can go the distance. The guy who won is very quick, and was a national champ at u18 if my memory serves me correctly. The last few years he has suffered from PRD (pizza retention disorder), but he is still a fast lad.
Will we see you all at the last round? Including Wally? Also, the leinster league will be good. 795 put on a good spread, including thai curry....
Heres some picts (Courtesy of the MAD site)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rappid/sets/72157625970241591/

Stew

Stewart C

Back to top Go down

Post by pickles7373 Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:35 am

weel done steve,you were flying yesterday,i bet you dont know yourself after loosing 6 stone. Shocked,,,iel be keeping a close eye on you What a Face
Every one enjoyed it that got a medal & a cap Evil or Very Mad
We ended up in the welcome inn last night discussing new Tactics.
Can i also ask a question .did you write that summary,because i remember you telling me you went to the St Francis School on the new road Basketball
Im going meeting Cristy now for brekie to try cool him down,he was very angry yesterday.if that was me i would of stopping ,i remember when frankie got a puncture in Glenbarrow,and i was first on the scene....
Frankie himself will confirm that No
Any way well done to all contenders.
Steve do you want me to send you a picture of my bike for the leinster
affraid ..also word the results properly,dont put carmel ann in 3th place and murt then in 39th......you know what im saying lol!
pickles7373
pickles7373

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down